eCAMION Inc. (“eCAMION”, “we”, “us”, “our”) enables flexibility in energy use by offering Jule electric vehicle charging stations and value-added services such as your energy usage profile and status of your vehicle’s battery health. We collect information about our customers when they register to use our services, use our charging stations, register for our loyalty program, and visit our website (collectively, the “Services”).
2. Personal and Vehicular Information We Collect
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us, our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. For example, we may collect different information from you depending on whether you are a visitor to our website or register to use our Services. We primarily collect information that you provide to us or that we obtain automatically when you use our Services.
a. Information You Provide to Us Directly
We may collect the following personal and vehicular information that you provide to us when you register for our Services, charge your vehicle, or communicate with us:
● E-mail address
● Phone number
● Payment card details
● Precise geographical location
● Vehicle information (e.g., vehicle brand, model, year, color, license plate, battery size, max charging speed, level 2 charging at home, charging history with Jule)
● Vehicle identification number (VIN)
● Loyalty program information (e.g., membership number, partner loyalty program, payment history, and membership credit claims)
● Internet Protocol (IP) address
● Device ID
● Device settings (e.g., language preference, time zone)
● Any personal or vehicular information you choose to share in our online contact form
b. Information Collected Automatically
We may collect information automatically when you use our Services, including personal information. This data would include your activities on our website, vehicle data, or actions performed at one of our Jule charging stations. For example, we may collect:
● Details of the charging sessions carried out when using our Services, including, for example, geographic location of the charging session, vehicle reported error code, state of charge, battery voltage, max battery voltage, charging current, max charging current, and time to full charge.
● Technical information, including IP address browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
● Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page; and
● Any phone number used to call our customer support center, as well as a recording of that call. By continuing to speak to an eCAMION representative after calling our customer support center, you are agreeing to our collection of this data.
Our website also uses pixels or cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website, which may be provided by us or our third-party partners. This helps us to provide you with an improved experience when you use our website and also allows us to improve our website. By continuing to use our website, you are agreeing to our use of pixels and cookies.
3. How We Use Your Information
We use your information for a variety of business purposes, as described below:
● Carrying out our obligations relating to your contracts with us (e.g., charging your vehicle and processing your payment) and to provide you with the information, products and Services that you request from us;
● Creating a user and vehicle profile to understand how you use the Jule charging stations over time, and to track specific battery and charging performance of your vehicle over time;
● Administering the eCAMION loyalty program and its associated rewards, and to track specific battery and charging performance of vehicles over time;
● Providing, maintaining, personalizing, optimizing, and improving the Services, including research and analytics regarding use of the Services, or to remember you when you leave and return to the Services;
● Providing and improving our products and Services;
● Providing you with more relevant content in marketing, promotional or other communications to which you may be subscribed;
● Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
4. Data Sharing
We may share information we collect for the following purposes:
● We may share information with the eCAMION family of companies (i.e., entities that are under common control of eCAMION Inc.) to provide our Services;
● We may share information with service providers who help us provide the Services. Service providers help us with things like payment processing and administering our loyalty programs (e.g., PayPal, Air Miles), website hosting, data analytics, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, and email delivery;
● We may share your information with successors-in-interest in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
● We may use and disclose information as we believe necessary in accordance with applicable law (i) to enforce our terms and conditions; (ii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (iii) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
5. How We Protect Your Data
By using our Services or providing information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services.
6. Your Privacy Choices and Rights
The privacy choices you may have about your personal information are determined by applicable law and are further described below.
· Email and Telephone Communications. You can use an “unsubscribe” (or similar) link found at the bottom of a marketing email to opt out of receiving future emails. Note that you will continue to receive transactional or administrative emails regarding our Services.
· “Do Not Track.” Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
· Access to Personal Information. In certain jurisdictions, you may have the right to access and review the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to request access or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, you may contact us by email at: [INSERT]. You may also contact us by telephone or by mail. Please refer to the “Contact Us” section of this policy for contact information. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
· Google, Facebook, Twitter Advertising. To the extent we use Google, Facebook, or Twitter for advertising purposes on our Website, please see these links provided by these respective companies for opt-out purposes: Google/Facebook/Twitter. We are not responsible to the extent any such opt-outs are not honored by such companies, as opt-out preferences provided by these companies are not under our control.
Further, you may stop or restrict the placement of third-party cookie technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. However, please note that cookie-based opt-outs are typically not effective on mobile applications. You may opt-out of personalized advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions for Android, iOS and others.
More broadly, the online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada. Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
7. International Data Transfers
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States, Canada, or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live.
8. Retention of Information
9. Children’s Information
The Services are not directed to children under 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided personal information to us without your consent, you may contact us as described below. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of applicable law, we will delete any personal information we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it.
10. Third Party Websites and Digital Properties
The Services may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, or digital properties, including those of our business partners, which you may access either directly or otherwise through our website. Likewise, other websites, mobile applications, or digital properties may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies and terms of service of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen, or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing personal information to third-party websites or applications, both from or outside of the website, is at your own risk.
11. Changes to this Policy
11. Contact Us